Hoosier Aces Scholarship
Freshmen entering in the Fall of 2023 who meet the following criteria will receive the Hoosier Aces Scholarship which in combination with other gift aid will cover tuition, fees, standard housing, and meals . No special application is needed to be awarded the Hoosier Aces Scholarship. It will automatically be offered to qualified Indiana students who meet the following criteria:
- Have a family adjusted gross income of less than $50,000
- Are eligible for free or reduced lunch as determined by the National School Lunch Act
- Are eligible for Indiana state grant funding
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by April 15, 2023
- Have a GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Have an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of 0 as determined by the FAFSA
How It Will Work
UE will first combine the student's UE Scholarships, Indiana State Grant Funding, and Federal Grant Funding. Any remaining gap between this combined amount and full-time tuition, full-time fees, standard housing and meal costs will be covered through the Hoosier Aces Scholarship. In this way, UE ensures the student will have no out-of-pocket costs for full-time tuition and fees, or standard housing and meals.
- Apply online to UE
- Receive official notification of admission
- File the FAFSA by April 15, 2023
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Annually submit the FAFSA by April 15
- Meet credit hour requirements for on-time state award
- Continue to meet adjusted gross income criteria threshold reported on the FAFSA
- Continue to demonstrate highest financial need (0 EFC) as determined by the FAFSA
For students meeting these requirements, UE will renew the Hoosier Aces Scholarship for a total of 4 years (8 fall/spring semesters total; excludes summer).
In subsequent years, if a student meets institutional requirements, but is no longer a 0 EFC or only meets credit hour requirements for full-time state award, the grant amount offered in year 1 will be awarded.
812-488-2364 or 800-424-8634
Room 105, Olmsted Administration Hall
Room 105G, Olmsted Administration Hall